Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Paris Journaling


Here is a journal that I made to take to Paris. I bought an existing photo album and took it apart, decorated it using vintage perfume labels and hand dyed ribbon and then and put in my own sketch paper. Viola! I had alot of fun making this but it was big and heavy to haul around....thanks Bryan. Paris was hot hot hot! We found ourselves seeking coolness in museums, galleries, and under the awning of bistros. Besides hanging out in Paris one day we took a 45 minute train ride Monet's home and gardens in Giverny. I loved seeing the espalied pears or apples made into a living fence. Monet diverted a river to create his famous pond and it is truly magical. I enjoyed seeing the water lilies and the little man in the green painted boat that took care of the pond and lilies. Ok there were tons of tourists but we got there right when it opened so it wasn't too bad. There was a lady tourist that showed up in a perfect garden dress and hat that dressed specifically to be photographed in Monet's garden. What a brillant idea.....wish I had thought of that! Although she kept on making dramatic poses and it took my eye away from the garden....kind of maddening. I was surprised to find an Impressionism museum and gardens next to Monet's property and garden. It is definitely worth a visit. I enjoyed the white garden and eating lunch under the trellis overlooking the gardens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home