Thursday, April 10, 2008

Montana sketchbook


I was reminded of our trip to Montana when I received a letter in the mail yesterday that the lodge is for sale. Here are a few pages from my sketchbook: Sunday July 27, 1997- Today after french toast we hiked just over a mile or so to a waterfall on the property. There were "shoots" of water on the flat rocks that one could swim in but the water was too cold. We ate raspberries and saw ripe thimbleberries. We also saw a male rufus Hummer 3 1/2 inches, a Pine Grosbeak and a male evening Grosbeak. I could identify some of the plants: Beargrass, Sulfur buckwheat, Baneberry (poisionous) woods strawberry, raspberries, huckleberries,Fireweed, Horsemint (looks like bee balm). I pressed some twin flower in the book. So many things that I saw I couldn't identify.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home